Saturday, June 16, 2012

Just a Closer Walk With Thee

Did any of you know that Nik Wallenda was an evangelical Christian?As Wallenda carefully made his way along a mist-drenched 2-inch wide cable across Niagara Falls he was thanking Jesus and declaring Christ as Lord of his life. His ability to chat with commentators along the way was mind-boggling. His choice to declare his faith caught me off-guard. He took the metaphor of walking with Jesus to the limit. I was expecting him to warble "just a closer walk with thee..." Some wag has suggested that his next stunt will be walking on water.



Did you watch last night? What about the Christian testimony? I still think the man is crazy, but well done.

4 comments:

IanD said...

Just finished watching the recap on CP24 and was on the edge of my seat until Danielle said:

"He must have made it: they haven't run a story about him falling on the ticker line."

Good point!

Laurie said...

They actually announced this on the flight back from Manchester. I think the guy is crazy! I am glad he made it across but I think it is a lot of money spent for nothing!!

sjd said...

Good for him. An interesting way to get a Christian message out.

As for the money... I've seen worse ways to blow money, and it's usually tax money.

David Mundy said...

You're right sjd, but I think this comes under the category of "don't try this at home!"