Saturday, July 14, 2012

Community

A couple of months ago one of our members fell off his roof. Well, he wasn't technically on thr roof, but the drop from the top of the ladder broke his pelvis, smashed a heel, and ripped up a hand. Bad for anyone but worse for a guy in his mid-seventies, even one in good shape. The result was surgery and a long, slow process fo recovery which is far from over.

But there was Bill in worship Sunday morning, although in a wheelchair. And when it came time for the anthem, he wheeled up with the rest of his friends in the choir.He is quite a guy, and  I was really touched by his presence and the fact he came ready to sing. For me it is a reminder of the importance of gathering to be the worshipping community. Seeing him there justified the 30 grand we spent renovating the elavator last year.

Thoughts?

1 comment:

IanD said...

When I am having a bad day, I think I will now think of Bill and count my blessings. Wow. (I also now have absolutely no excuse for not being there every Sunday!)

Dude's putting me to shame on a number of levels! Well done!