Thursday, September 11, 2014

Blogging On!


I noticed a couple of evenings ago that the total number of pageviews for this Lion Lamb blog had just climbed above the 300,000 mark. I began this blog in September of 2006 and have continued to post regularly through the years. In fact, when I look back I see that I only posted around thirty times in those closing months of 2006, about 250 each year for the next two, then totals above 300 in subsequent years. I suppose I just found the rhythm for writing about the events of my life and world from a Christian perspective and kept on going.

I started my Groundling blog along the way, and while I feel it may be the more important of the two because of the pressing realities of climate change and other environmental issues I have not been as faithful in posting entries. This all takes time, and I can eke out twenty minutes most days for one blog, but forty minutes is a stretch. There have been 12,000 pageviews for Groundling, a whopping difference. Between the two blogs I have written 2,500-plus entries which represents close to a thousand hours of clackety-clack on the keyboard.

I notice now that the number of looks I get on Twitter regularly exceeds the reads for the two blogs. Both are above a thousand a week, but Twitter is an easy gulp while even short blogs require some digestion.

With both blogs and Twitter I hope to nudge readers toward God and Christ in a challenging and provocative way. Some tweets are not overtly religious the way my blogs are, but they are meant to keep issues of faith, justice, and creation care on the screen of your busy lives.

While I began because of the request of one member of a congregation, I have chosen to do this through the years without the official encouragement or request of the churches I have served. And I just keep going.

Once again, thanks for participating in this aspect of my ministry!

Please check out my Groundling blog today http://groundlingearthyheavenly.blogspot.ca/2014/09/fracking-crazy.html

5 comments:

Laura said...

Thanks David... It does take precious time. Been wonderful for us who have been " left behind". Keep challenging us!

Unknown said...

I really enjoy reading your musings, even when I don't have the time - or the coherent thoughts- to reply to them ... it keeps a faith- filled focus on the front burner for me ... keep blogging !

Laurie said...

I read them every day, I don't post much back because I have a hard time not turning my reply back in to a book! Enjoy both blogs. Thanks

roger said...

As a faithful reader of your blogs for the past 7 or 8 years, I thank you.

I find myself nodding in agreement when I read most of your blogs, and they are always thought provoking.

Just don't start tweeting during your sermons!

Frank said...

Aye, Aye, Capt'n.
Keep a steady hand on the tiller!