Monday, March 26, 2007

Getting Ready


I tell people that getting ready for Holy Week and Easter is a little like preparing for a funeral and a wedding on the same day, something I have been required to do more than once. There is a mixture of profound sadness and great joy as we move through Good Friday and awaken to Easter.


I am trying to keep the various services and messages straight as I make my way forward. I have a pile of books on my desk about Judas, but I will wait for another year to address his part in Jesus' death. I am reading a book called The Last Week by Marcus Borg and Dominic Crossan which is very helpful in looking at the implications of each day of Holy Week.

I hope we will have meaningful worship, worship that honours Christ and leads us into life-changing faith all through this season.

No comments: