Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Bloggin' On

Thanks to Ian and Lori for giving some feedback on the new format for my blog. Blogger now offers fairly sophisticated stats on traffic for the blog, as well as a variety of templates.

I was somewhat surprised to discover that their are over 200 page views per day and that last month 6,000 people checked it out from all over the world. It's obvious that I get "drive by" reads from those searching a subject because I can also see the number of views of blogs from previous years. There have been over 100,000 views since I began a few years ago, but more than half have come in the past twelve months.

Once again I thank you for following this blog and once again I'll say that I always appreciate comments. I came into a room at the church recently where a meeting was taking place. They happened to be chatting about this blog and I discovered that three of them were readers I didn't previously know about. They commented that they feel a tad intimidated when it comes to responding, in part because of the thoughtful comments they read.

All I can say is, don't be shy! And I really want to know if this new format is readable and worth keeping.

6 comments:

roger said...

Congratulations on your blog, David. I always look forward to the topic of the day, and it is almost always thought provoking and even controversial(which is a good thing).

I, too, have spoken with members of the congregation who admit they are readers but never leave comments. That's too bad, because I always like to see what others have to say too. There is definitely a lot of wisdom among the readers!

Keep it going!

Anonymous said...

Agreed! I typically dont comment because blogger doesnt usually leave me signed in on my phone which makes it difficult to comment without some kind of internet trouble. I enjoy seeing your thoughts on the day and those brave enough to comment. Its a nice way to bring my thoughts out of the monotony of school everyday.

Laurie said...

Nice new format. It comes through great om my home computer, not as clear on my tablet,I use for travel. I look forward to your blog every morning. I check it out with my morning coffee, sometimes it makes for another cup of coffee, sometimes I print it out for other people to read. Always interesting, thought provoking, keep it up.

Laura said...

Looks great! I look forward to your comments each day. For me, it is social media with substance!

dmy said...

I enjoy your blog David, quite often we discuss the daily topic at work and a few have asked me to print so they can read in depth later and digest. Your blog has led to some interestng and thoughtful conversations. I like the new look as well, great reno!

David Mundy said...

Thanks all! I didn't think about the tablet view. The format is much better on my large office screen than my small notebook which is more like a tablet in size. I think I'll stick with it.

Thanks also for the encouragement. I was taken aback by the stats. I realize that the number of people taking a peek each day is close to the number of people in worship on Sunday. And I can touch on a whole lot of subjects which I couldn't possibly adress during worship.