Thursday, January 23, 2020

Religious Influencers Who Left Us



Rachel Held Evans

Broadview magazine, formerly known as the United Church Observer has included a piece called 10 religious influencers who died in the last decade: From an atheist to the top expert on the world's faiths, these people played a big role in the religious sphere. It was written by Adelle Banks for Religion News Service. I  think it's excellent because of its diversity, with profiles of several people I greatly admired, others I didn't like at all, and one, James Cone, whose work I feel I must explore. I was deeply saddened by the death of Rachel Held Evans, who was only 37 and seemingly vital when she was hospitalized and succumbed to a mysterious illness. 



James Cone

 I'll let you read the article and perhaps you'll speculate about the ones I consider the good, the bad, and the ugly.!

https://broadview.org/10-religious-influencers-died-decade/




“In all these wanderings through other traditions,
 Christianity has always been my religious meal.
 But I’m a great believer in vitamin supplements. 
I can’t tell you how much it has contributed to my life. 
I see in it no conflict with my Christianity.”

                               Huston Smith

No comments: