Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Easter Isn't Over

Blogger made my life difficult for a few days with changes to the way I accessed my own blog. Thanks to our computer wizards I am back at it.

Sunday was a big day at St. Paul's with two morning services, lots of people, and a sense of celebration. There were nearly 500 worshippers which is wonderful. Still...the season of Easter is just beginning. Never in my ministry have we equalled the number of people on Easter morning during the rest of the "Great 50 Days" of Easter.

The season of Easter probably means more to me than Easter Sunday because it says that we will continue to open the windows and unlock the doors to Christ's presence once the party is over.

I am still recovering from the busyness of the past couple of weeks but I am ready to get on with resurrection life in the everyday.

EASTER would hardly have been, for two thousand years, the spring and center of Christian life and prayer, would hardly have provided the focus of Christian worship and the form of Christian hope, if the word Easter were simply the name of something that once happened in the past.

Nicholas Lash, Easter in Ordinary



No comments: