Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Comfort

This is Christmas Day and chances are none of you will reading a word I offer! That's certainly understandable because this is a time of celebration and family gatherings.

If you should get to this blog through the weekend, I invite you to pray for those who are in hospital from our church family (at least three this year) along with others. And for the two families who have experienced death, one tragically.

Every year I am aware of members of our flock who are lonely, or sick, or in the midst of grief and heartache as others are celebrating.

Christ has come for them, and we can only pray that they experience this comfort.

For all who are in the midst of joy this day, Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Merry Christmas!

Not Alone said...

Merry Christmas One and All!

roger said...

Merry Christmas everyone. I spend a few minutes on this day to do some deep thinking and reflecting -on how lucky I am in so many ways, and how millions are not finding joy on this day due to war, famine, illness, etc.

I was saddened to hear of the loss of another Canadian soldier. While it is tragic at any time, happening just before Christmas is very upsetting, and my heart goes out to his family and friends.

As we close out this year, I would like to thank you, David, for posting very interesting blogs and discussions. You see - people DID read this on Christmas Day. If that doesn't show you how much we like your blogs, I don't know what will!

David Mundy said...

I really appreciate hearing from each of you. I agree, Johnny, that many are suffering today, including the family of the soldier who died and of the four workers who fell to their deaths yesterday.

I went to the hospital around eight this morning and found four of our folk, three of whom are edging toward death and a fourth who is spending his first Christmas away from the family home. I felt so grateful for my health and loved ones.

I'm glad, Laurie, that you are not in hospital after a tough couple of months.

I will echo Not Alone's Merry Christmas One and All!