Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Delivery Guy


Recently I delivered a prayer shawl to someone who had undergone surgery one day, and then two meals from the Freezer Bank the next day. Helen, our office administrator helped choose the shawl and I rummaged around in the church freezer with Edna our custodian for the meals. One generous person in the congregation made that shawl. I think two different people made the meals. All I had to do was deliver them.
This is yet another reminder of the value of community. Perhaps the folk who created the shawl and meals would say it isn't much. But it is the combined effort of hundreds of Christians in our congregation which make a difference in a host of ways.
As I write this blog an email has arrived with prayer requests to be included for our prayer team. And a recipient of the meals phoned to say how grateful she is for this support. She mentioned that when she is better she wants to contribute to the freezer bank. Wonderful.
Any comments about these practical ministries and others?

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Greatful for these ministries and even more thankful that you are the delivery guy!

IanD said...

You know what?

I am almost never in attendance (which I am frankly ashamed of) but when I think of all that St. Paul's accomplishes as a team, it makes me proud to be associated with you.