Sunday, March 24, 2024

All Eclipse, All the Time



There are guys at the gym who tell me they aren't religious and then ask me religious questions. This week someone who is there just about every day I'm there wondered what I thought about the hype regarding the solar eclipse on April 8th. I figured he wanted my "take" as an out-to-pasture pastor.

He's right about the fuss. In our part of Ontario we are in the path of totality so there are events planned in many communities and non-stop reporting. We have family members driving from Maryland to experience this unique event.


I commented that there has always been both awe and wonder regarding the "signs and portents" of eclipses (see recent blog), And that despite our secular society I expected the "I can hardly for the apocalypse" Christians to emerge. Well, look above, not to the heavens, but to the tweet I've included. 

I'm sure we'll see more like this in the days ahead, whether we want to or not.  And if Jesus returns on April 8th we'll set another place at the table. 





2 comments:

Judy said...

THANK YOU, David !

David Mundy said...

You're welcome, Judy.