Friday, September 19, 2008

Blog Along


Several times in the last week or so people have responded to my blog who haven't in the past. I'm delighted! These include folk who have been reading but haven't created a blogger account, which is necessary for a comment. Twice in the past few days I have been asked how to set up a blogger account. It's as straightforward as going to the blogger website and working through a few easy steps. You don't need to have your own blog, although some people do.

Why am I pleased that people have signed on? I benefit from the observations and perspectives of others and I'm sure readers do as well. Sometimes the comments offer practical information on subjects I have raised. And along with readers in Bowmanville and other parts of Ontario there are regulars in Nova Scotia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Maryland.

I notice that with my three children, all now in their twenties, the interactive world of the internet is a given. I am more inclined to the paper world of newspapers and magazines which provide information but don't allow for an immediate response, although most now have websites with the opportunity to "weigh in." It was a St. Paul's member in his twenties who encouraged me and prodded me to start the blog, sure that this would be a good vehicle for communication. I had never read a blog before he brought it up.

While I'm happy if you remain the strong, silent type, I do hope you will join us... and be gentle!

2 comments:

bim said...

Well thanks to my (your) secretary, I am now in the world of the blogging.

David Mundy said...

While I know your true identity, I will not blow your cover bim.

And of course she is our esteemed administrator, which is a secretary with superhero powers!