Sunday, March 06, 2011

'Ligion Online


The Huffington Post is an online resource which was started by Arianna Huffington in 2005 as a provider of commentary gleaned from every imaginable source and on a broad variety of subjects. Until recently I hadn't realized that it includes an eclectic and very interesting section on religion. In a way it is a far more complete example of what I try to offer in this blog, although without the benefit of my personal perspectives and experiences!

The lead article yesterday was Creation as the Body of God by Richard Rohr, always an interesting author. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/religion/ There are many other articles which intrigue me and I commend the site to you. The religion link at the Post is one of many, and is literally in the second tier, but it is there. I appreciate when religion and spirituality are treated seriously and thoughtfully rather than ignored or minimized by the media, as it so often is in Canada.

Have any of you checked out the Huffington Post? Take a look at the religion link and offer your thoughts.

4 comments:

IanD said...

Funny, but I usual hit the HuffPost after the St. Paul's site each morning. It's got an obvious pro-liberal/anti-Republican bias, but does carry a broad spectrum of commentary and coverage. I've read anyone from Arthur Schlesinger Jr. to Alec Baldwin opine on the issues of the day on HP.

Interesting stuff.

David Mundy said...

Thanks Ian. I had this vague memory that you are a Huffer, now confirmed

Deborah Laforet said...

I checked it out today and there was an article on Ash Wednesday and Lent by Sister Joan Chittister. I have always liked her reflections. Thanks for the recommendations. I shall add it to my bookmarks.

sjd said...

I checked it out, and the why are athiests so angry? line caught my attention. It's a good question when there is a group who are spending all kinds of money to lure people out of the pews. Why?
Check out the video on this link. Both guys get pretty worked up.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/06/oreilly-god-causes-tides_n_805262.html