Thursday, July 05, 2007

The Stages of Faith


Some of you will remember my blog entries which showed the ultrasounds for a child in the womb. The couple are part of this congregation and on Sunday I will baptize young Isabelle, now several months old.

In my four years here at St. Paul's I have experienced signficant milestones of faith with this family. I was the minister who led the couple through an exploration of Christian faith and presided as they were baptized as adults, then joined the church. Last summer they were married at St. Paul's and there is a photo of the three of us on their wedding day tacked on my bulletin board.

I trust that it will soon be joined by a picture of the four of us as their child is added to the portrait on baptism day.

As you can imagine, this is one of the most satisfying aspects of ministry, travelling with folk through the stages of faith and commitment.

1 comment:

Isabelle's Dad said...

Shawna and I are glad that you and the rest of the St. Paul's family have joined us and supported us in our spiritual journey. Thankyou so much for everything you've done for our young family.

- Chris