Monday, May 30, 2011

Pray as You, Go, Go, Go

If last year's image for Spring was the Garden of Eden, this year it is Noah's Ark. I don't want to gripe because I'm grateful that we haven't been subjected to floods, wildfires, and tornadoes. Just the same, the weather hasn't been conducive to outdoor activity.


We have been trying to sit out with a cup of coffee in the morning before work, and we have been listening to Pray as You Go, the meditation link which can be found on our St. Paul's website. When I asked if anyone visited that site a while ago there were no responses, so I surmise that few go there. We weren't either, but now as we listen through Ruth's iPhone (those things can do just about everything) there is a sense of entering into God's healing presence.


I am often aware of the frenetic pace of people's lives, including those seasons when I feel that I can hardly breathe myself. For some reason the change in our lifestyles which were intended to bring more leisure time and set us free have actually created a climate for slavery. We have more labour-saving devices, technology, three-day weekends than our parents' generation. So why do we feel that we are running to keep up with our own spirits?


Do you make time to let God into your daily activity? Is there any sense of rhythm to your faith life? Are you like me and tend to offer excuses masquerading as reasons for not attending to a relationship with God?

1 comment:

IanD said...

This time of year is bananas for teachers and kids, and I must admit that even though I'm organized, I sometimes feel like I'm picking up speed while standing still.

Stopping isn't something I'm good at in just about any milieu, so your posting comes at a good time, David. Thanks for reminding me to stop and smell the roses.