Tuesday, September 06, 2011

I "like" Jesus



I have admitted to not being a Facebook user and asked you, my readers, whether you thought Facebook and Twitter would be helpful tools in ministry. The responses included emphatic yeses and nos, which left me wondering.


Well, guess who has a Facebook page now? Yup it's Jesus. Actually, Dr. Aaron Tabor started a Facebook page called the Jesus Daily where he posts some of the words of Jesus several times a day. Lo and behold, Jesus is very popular. Millions of Facebook followers and JC gets more "likes" than JB (Justin Bieber.) If you can outdraw the Biebs...


I think I support something that gets people reading scripture and becoming better acquainted with the teachings of Jesus , although I haven't seen it. I admire Dr. Tabor who says he does this to encourage folk who are going through tough times.


Have any of you come across the Jesus Daily? Good idea? Take a look and tell us what you think.

3 comments:

IanD said...

Why not? If it attracts people to the message in an innocuous way, then giver.

Laura said...

Agree with you Ian....and at least JC has worthy news to share! Will take a look the next time I am checking in on my teen via Facebook.

David Mundy said...

Thanks Ian and Laura.