Thursday, December 16, 2021

We All Taste Like Chicken


Over the decades I have remained stubbornly orthodox in my Christian outlook, a Trinitarian through and through. At this time of year I delight in the Incarnation, God-with-us, in the fragility of a newborn child. As wildly improbable as our story is, it is mysteriously marvelous, and it's Good News worth sharing. 

Through the years I've also become more appreciative and respectful of other religions and want to honour reverence for the Creator wherever and in whomever it is manifest. There are many other people of faith and those who claim no affiliation whose compassion and generosity far exceed that of some supposed Christians who are mean-spirited and exclusionary. I want to offer a "I'm not with him/her/they" disclaimer about those self-appointed bodyguards for Jesus. Where in the gospels does Jesus kick others to the curb, even on the cross? I've enjoyed learning more about other faiths as I've led study groups using thoughtful guides developed by the United Church. 

So, the photo above tickled my warped sense of humour. I hope it's to your taste as well, so to speak. 






2 comments:

Judy said...

I love this poster - if only we all would follow that rule !

David Mundy said...

I've revisited it a few times Judy!