Monday, November 02, 2009

Autumn Beauty






Last evening was a little bleak thanks to Daylight Saving Time. I have long been dubious about the arbitrary schedule giving us an extra hour of daylight in the morning with the trade-off of an earlier sunset. I do love the change of seasons though, one of the pleasures of being Canadians. I don't know whether you consider the four seasons to be gifts from God, but I do. We tried to work in some Autumn walks while we could and here are some photos from our saunters in various locations.
Bigger images are better, so click on the photos.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fall is my favorite time to walk and thanks to great weather I have been able to do this alot this fall. I can't help but repeat the words 'Thank You, Thank you' while I am out in that.

Laura said...

My young girls are always trying to "order" their world..and want to know "my favourites" for everything...most often I can't give them an answer...as with the seasons I love them all. I wouldn't want to live without these changes. I find comfort, and hope from their rhythm...definitely a gift from God.

Nancy said...

Wasn't that a fantastic sunset last night? We had company for dinner and as we sat down to the dinner table I made them all look out the window at that lovely sky. We all agreed it was beautiful. I love the change of seasons especially looking at the sky and how the sunsets change with them. Truly a gift from God.

roger said...

I appreciate all of the seasons - even our winter. For those who hibernate and detest winter, some of them actually spend four months of the year feeling gloomy and wishing away the days of winter. I would rather not live that way, and try to find something to appreciate no matter what the weather. I absolutely love a raging winter blizzard and going for a walk in it.

My Australian relatives wish they didn't have to have heat for so much of the year.

David Mundy said...

A sense of gift and gratitude for the changing seasons. It's great to get so many comments, even when we know winter is coming.