Sunday, December 06, 2015

God Isn't Fixing This

Many criticized the New York Times editorial, including Conservative blogger Erick Erickson, who says he shot bullets through his copy and encouraged others to do the same.

Again this past week a mass killing stunned a community. Two people legally obtained weapons which led to the deaths of many innocent people.

I consider the powerful and pervasive resistance to gun control in the United States to be demonic. That's not a term I use lightly but I believe it is accurate. In a country where politicians and pastors crow about faith and following Jesus, the lack of will to end the carnage wrought by the indiscriminate sale of weapons is sick, and antithetical to the gospel. The earnest calls for prayer from those who at the same time defend the "right to bear arms" is hideous as many have noted. The New York Daily News said it bluntly, God isn't fixing this. While many sanctimoniously criticized the cover, it is absolutely correct.


Also this week the New York Times ran a front page editorial on the gun epidemic, the first front page editorial in nearly a century.

Some Christian leaders are calling on their followers to arm themselves against Muslims, which again is outrageous. It is time for some leadership in the States to stop this madness.

Thoughts?

4 comments:

roger said...

I agree with you 100%. If the the horrible killing of so many children at Sandy Hook didn't change the gun laws in the States, then I don't think anything will.

I watched the Republican debates a few weeks ago, and was cringing the entire time. I am no fan of Hillary Clinton, but I would take her over any of the war-mongering Republican candidates. I know we have our own government, but let's face it, whatever American government is in place, influence is exerted on our government. I'm just glad it hasn't extended - nor ever will - to gun laws.

If the vile, narcissistic Trump becomes President, look out. This is a madman who will stir up so much racial hatred, that terrorism will only increase.

Sad, worrying times.

mary care said...

I was depressed when doctor told me that I have been diagnosed with Herpes disease… I thought about my Family, I know my Family will face a serious problem when I'm gone, I lost hope and I wept all day, but one day I was searching the internet I found Dr.ezomo contact number. +2349069171173 I called him and he guided me. I asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for my health. Thank God, now everything is fine, I'm cured by Dr.ezomo herbal medicine, I'm very thankful to Dr.ezomo and very happy with my hubby and family. email him on dr.ezomorootandherbals@gmail.com or you can also reach him through WhatsApp number+2349069171173 He can also cure so many sickness {1}HIV And AIDS {2}Diabetes {3}Epilepsy {4}Blood Cancer {5}HPV {7}ALS {8}Hepatitis

George Henry said...

2 WEEKS AGO I ENDED NATURAL HERBAL TREATMENT FROM TRADITIONAL HEALER WHO IS IN AFRICAN, I GOT RID OF HPV VIRUS OUT OF MY BODY WITH HIS HERBAL TREATMENT. It SO AMAZING I'M FREE FROM THIS VIRUS FOREVER. YOU CAN REACH HIM ON; DRONOKUNHERBALCURE@GMAIL.COM

Kate said...

I was diagnose with human papilloma virus (HPV) 4 years ago and i met a doctor he told me there is no cure and i have be taking some medication the warts multiplied when trying to removed them and it got me embarrass and pains, luckily few weeks ago i was recommend to Dr bante for natural treatment after one week i got 100% cure and all the wart and pains got disappeared, i sheared this post because its part of my life experience, encase anyone need speedy help about this cure email Dr bante via, bantespelltemple@gmail.com or whatsapp him on +2349063962262. add on hangout bantespelltemple@gmail.com