Sunday, July 21, 2019

Communion on the Moon

Apollo 11 Moon landing: A brief timeline from 1961 to 1969

Buzz Aldrin's Scripture Note Card

After throwing shade on the 50th anniversary of the lunar landing a couple of days ago  I will continue with other thoughts on this event. Hey, I never promised to be predictable or consistent!

I was thinking about one aspect of the demanding descent to the moon's surface and the brief religious ceremony which occurred in the Lunar Module before Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong went for a walk. I had to check whether my memory was serving me well and came on a Fox News article -- yup, the same Fox News which is Trump's Pravda. Here are a couple of paragraphs: 

Fifty years ago, when American astronaut Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin, a devout Christian, made history landing on the moon, the first thing he did was give thanks to God.Aldrin, seated next to Neil Armstrong, became the first person to celebrate a religious sacrament on a heavenly body outside Earth. The ordained Presbyterian elder wrote in a piece for Guideposts in 1970 he chose Holy Communion because his pastor at Webster Presbyterian, Dean Woodruff, often spoke about how God reveals Himself through the everyday elements.And on July 20, 1969, after the Eagle lunar lander touched down on the surface of the moon, 

Aldrin pulled out the wafer that was in a plastic packet and the wine, along with a small silver cup provided by his church, which he kept in his "personal-preference kit," before he spoke into the radio, according to the Religion News Service. “Houston, this is Eagle. This is the LM pilot,” Aldrin said, referring to the lunar module, shortly after the Eagle lunar lander touched down on the surface of the moon July 20, 1969.

“I would like to take this opportunity to ask every person listening in, whoever and wherever they may be," Aldrin said, "to pause for a moment and contemplate the events of the past few hours and to give thanks in his or her own way."Aldrin silently read from John 15:5, which he penned on a 3-by-5-inch notecard: “As Jesus said: I am the vine, you are the branches. Whoever remains in me, and I in Him, will bear much fruit; for you can do nothing without me.”

That Aldrin prepared so carefully for this moment, and made it a priority in the midst of the elation and tasks before him is remarkable.  And that he read from a handwritten note and requested a few moments of silence before God is touching. 
I wonder if this would be allowed today? Do you remember hearing about this, since pf course none of you was even born at the time? 
Image result for communion on the moon
Aldrin Communion Kit

2 comments:

Alexander Sam said...

REAL CURE ON HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS AND HIV
some times we just need to give a try to herbal Medicine to see for our self. I am very happy today that i didnt listen to what people say if not i would have been a dead lady by now. I was infected with HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS in 2015, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking how can I get a solution out so that my body can be okay. One day I was in the office thinking where I can go to get solution. so a lady walked to me telling me why am I so sad and i open up all to her telling her my problem, she told me that she can help me out, she introduce me to a doctor who uses herbal medication to cure HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS, HIV, HPV and many more disease and she gave me his email, so i mail him. He told me all the things I need to do and send me the herbal medicine through courier delivering service and also gave me instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening after 2 weeks, the HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS that was in my body got vanished and blister dried off . I went to the hospital for a test and it was negative. this man is real and he is the solution to herpes virus. so if you are also heart broken and also need a help, you can also email him dredeshome@gmail.com. (call or whatsapp +2348151937428) according to this great DR he can also cure HIV, ALS,CANCER, COLD SORE AND DIABETES,ETC.
You can visit his website on; www.edesherbalhome.webs.com.

Anonymous said...

Life has not been so easy for me, i almost gave up on getting cured of HSV2 because i have tried many treatment and still don't work for me, so i was going place to place just for me to search for herbs cure or any solution to my problem and i also have three kids to take care of, that same period my husband die in an accident on it way coming home so life was very tough for me, so when i was going through the herbs site to find a cure for my problem i saw a story about a lady testify about DR.Imoudu, so i said to my self let me give a try to see if my problem can be solved, because i have spend alot of money In the hospital and their was no cure for it, so i contacted DR.Imoudu that afternoon of it and he gave me instruction how i will go about it and he sent me a herbal medicine which I took according to the way he instructed me to do. After taking the medicine for two weeks i saw a changes on my body, then i called the Dr and told him about it and he said i should go for test. i can't believe when my result came out it was negative, i was very happy to share this great testimony to the world there is real cure for #herpes you can also contact DR.Imoudu Email: DR.IMOUDUHEALERTEMPLE@GMAIL. COM also WhatsApp him +2348109609753..
He also have herbs medicine to cured the following diseases;
Diabetes, Lupus, Gout, Hepatitis A,B, Infertility, HIV/AIDS, CANCER, WART,ALS CURE/DIABETES CURE/EPILEPSY/HPV CURE/LOOSE WEIGHT AND BODY/EX-BACK/stroke