Friday, October 26, 2007

Challenging and Real Life Stuff

When I came home late this afternoon I decided to hit the gym for an hour before heading to the church again. I needed the opportunity to let off steam after a tough visit at Oshawa hospital. I went to see the spouse of a colleague who has been very ill. I feel badly for him and for his family as he struggles. It doesn't seem fair and I grow weary of unfairness.

We prayed at the conclusion of the visit -- I couldn't leave without praying --but I still felt rather helpless. As I drove home I realized that a number of colleagues have gone through challenging stuff lately. Diagnoses of cancer and stress leave and more. Challenging and real life stuff -- clergy aren't spared what everyone else faces.

The gym helped and so did the St. Paul's Halloween party planned by Rev. Cathy. Roughly fifty children and young people remembering the saints and showing off their costumes. They were adorable. It was good to see their happiness in the midst of pain.

No comments: