Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Faith in Christ

There are days and even weeks when ministry is so busy I barely remember to breathe. If I'm not careful the activity loses its connection to faith in Christ. I move from one activity to another without much opportunity for reflection.

This morning I opened my devotional resource and found the instruction to turn to Hebrews, chapter 11: "Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the convicton of things not seen. Indeed, by faith, our ancestors received approval. By faith we understand that the worlds were prepared by the word of God, so that what is seen was made from things that are not visible." vs 1-3

My faith and our faith will be lived out in tangible ways in the go-go of daily existence. Still, it's important to keep in mind that we are part of that "not visible" world.

I trust that Christ will be with all of through the mundane and glorious events of this day.

No comments: