Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Valley of the Shadow

During our bible study group this morning our administrator poked her head in the door and asked me to get to the hospital, pronto, because one of our folk was dying. I made an apologetic exit and got to the hospital room moments after the dear old soul died. I had grabbed a bible on the way out the door, so we gathered around the hospital bed while I read the twenty third psalm and then prayed.

There we were listening to this psalm of comfort once again. We were in the valley of the shadow of death yet God was there to comfort us. Tears were shed yet we were resurrection people.

The second Sunday of April is Good Shepherd Sunday and I have started musing about this shepherd psalm which is one of the readings for the day. Little did I know that its importance would be so close to home today.

No comments: