Monday, April 01, 2013

Easter Tweets


For some reason cute little chicks and bunnies have become the public face of Easter in our secular society. Well, on Easter Sunday a whole lot of tweeting went on in church, and it wasn't baby chickens. I refrained during the early worship service but I fired off a bunch of tweets before and after to let the world know that our young people were leading and that the men of the congregation were serving up breakfast. It does amaze me that more than a hundred people come to church for 8:00 AM and close to 150 enjoy the pancakes and sausages between services.

It was visitor Tracey who tweeted during the later service and I have to concede she was a good listener. A couple of her tweets were about my invitation to the communion table, even for those who might be a little "rusty" when it came to what was about to unfold. We did our best to be welcoming and open and we celebrated the resurrection of Christ with enthusiasm.

Will we tweet "live" from now on? I really don't think we will make it a habit, but maybe it would keep everyone on their toes!

Thanks to everyone who participated in the two Easter services, and to our dedicated choir who sang at four services from Thursday evening to Sunday morning.

Speaking of tweets, I see that my soon-to-be church family at Bridge St. had wonderful worship on Good Friday and Easter morning.

I am in that strange world of goodbye and hello.

1 comment:

IanD said...

For curiosity's sake, I Googled your new digs in Belleville after reading this latest posting.

Swanky place! Looks like a nice place to land for the home stretch.