Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Bill C-38


A few moments ago I tweeted a request for prayers about Bill C-38, so I will throw it into a blog as well. There will be an extended debate in Parliament today over this massive, American-style omnibus bill which has implications for immigration and refugee laws, the environment and fisheries, employment insurance, and sanctions on charities which the government deems too political. These are all issues over which Christians should be concerned.
The critics of this bill say that the magnitude, along with the indifference of citizens as we slide into summer was a calculated move to introduce significant changes to who we are as Canadians without our really being aware of what is going on. I'm inclined to agree.
So I ask you to pray, not really knowing what to ask. How are you feeling about today's debate and the bill itself?

2 comments:

IanD said...

Environmental sections most dubious ... and placement on the tale end of the agenda was obviously deliberate. I commend the opposition parties for doing their job!

Kathy said...

I wrote to support our MP. It's really outrageous.