Friday, August 28, 2026

The Sox, the Pope, & the Mitre Head


 Pope Leo resides at the Vatican and he is claimed as a beloved Peruvian where he served as bishop. Sometimes I forget that he was raised in the United States although he had taken a quiet but firm "you're not the boss of me" stance with the American president who thinks he's a supreme ruler.

Leo grew up a Chicago White Sox fan and I find it delightful that the baseball team recently honoured his allegiance not with a bobblehead but with what I suppose is a mitre head. After planning to give away 2,500 pope's hats management  distributed 40.000 to the sold-out crowd. Apparently the original plan was to do a papal bobble head (say that three times fast) but the Vatican wasn't thrilled.


The Sox are surprising leaders in what is admittedly a weak division. Divine intervention? 

I think this is fun, but does Leo share that sentiment? My sense is that he enjoyed this and I look forward to hearing about his reaction. 





No comments: