Friday, October 15, 2010

Need a Prayer?


Each week a small group of St. Paul's people who are committed toour prayer ministry receive an email with a list of prayers from our Prayer Box. Our folk can put a prayer request in the box at the back of our sanctuary and each week we bring the box forward at the time of the Prayers of the People. I have mentioned before how deeply meaningful these requests are.
A couple of weeks ago it occurred to me that we could probably set up an email address for an "eliminate the middleman" prayer request. While we will continue with the Prayer Box and its important symbolism in worship, we now have a dedicated prayer request email address called Needaprayer. It is actually Needaprayer@stpaulsunited.com I'm not sure why we didn't think of it before.

Does it make sense to you to open up this opportunity, or is it too impersonal? Have you ever asked someone to pray for or with you? Have you used the Prayer Box?

2 comments:

sjd said...

Makes sense to me, and I'm sure it does to all the others who read this blog.
I can turn this thing on any time and get caught. Now I can make a prayer request at the same time.
Good idea.

David Mundy said...

It means that folk don't need to wait until Sunday morning, and as you point out sjd, you can make a request any time of the night or day.