Monday, September 27, 2010

God's Hug


Our children participated in worship in a number of ways yesterday and it was wonderful, start to finish. My delight began well before the service when the roughly twenty "junior choir and friends" group were filing out from their rehearsal. Several gave me hugs, which warmed my heart.

In the service they sang with enthusiasm, and I thought of the two girls who are adopted. They are both in loving, supportive families and the bigger adoptive family which is St. Paul's. Where might life have taken them without these parents? Despite the disappointment they experienced as they waited to begin families they have turned circumstances into a tremendous positive.

When the five young people led us in the Prayers of the People I was moved once again. My eyes were closed, but I listened to their deepening, maturing voices. I've known most of them since they were kids, but they sure sounded like adults as they moved us thoughtfully through the time of prayer.

How blessed we are! Another young person was an excellent scripture reader and yet another expertly took care of projection. All this involvement was a big hug from God for our congregation.

Any responses from those who were there, or those that weren't?

3 comments:

sjd said...

I was thinking the same thing. They are maturing so quickly it seems. It's great that they are so active. We are truely blessed as a congregation.

Nancy said...

It was great to see so many youth taking part. Those that wrote the prayer for the people are truly connected to their community and the world!!

You are the second person in as many days to say such positive things to us as parents of adopted kids. It is always at this time of year, as our daughter's birthday approaches that I think of her birth mother and the decisions she made for her child. Where might life have taken us, without our child? We are truly blessed and hugged daily!

David Mundy said...

You see sjd, great minds do think alike. We will conveniently forget the "fools seldom differ" part.

I'm glad you have been affirmed elsewhere Nancy. You must be a very proud mom.