Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Grace of Christ


Wow. I am back to work this morning after two weeks vacation. I don't check my email during my absences because its important to cease and desist from my labours. As the years go by in one pastorate, a minister`s life becomes more deeply intertwined with a broadening circle of people, including the loved ones of members. One can feel like the hapless Sorcerer`s Apprentice in Fantasia, running around frantically with the entirely inadequate mop.

I returned to scores of emails, some of them mundane church stuff, but many relating to illnesses, accidents, family crises. I need to remind myself that my role as a Christian pastor is to be what someone has termed a non-anxious presence. So I will do my best to respond as the week unfolds, reminding myself that I can represent and even mediate the grace of Christ.

I would say more, but I have work to do!

1 comment:

IanD said...

No rest for the wicked, eh?